Registered Nurse (RN) - HIV Care Manager
Men's Health Foundation is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to work with our Managed Care Coordination team as a Medical Care Manager.
Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are re-imagining men’s healthcare.
Medical Care Coordination (MCC) is an innovative problem to provide comprehensive supportive services to people living with HIV to ensure patients can take full advantage of medical services. Under the supervision of the MCC Program Manager and Nurse Clinical Supervisor, the HIV Care Manager (HCM) conducts assessments, provides integrated care planning, and monitors patient progress. Additionally, the HCM provides brief interventions focused on patient education, treatment adherence, side effects management as well as educating patients about nutrition, co-infections, preventative care and risk reduction. The HCM does not focus on clinical nursing duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Collaborate with the Men’s Health Foundation clinical and MCC teams to ensure patients living with HIV have access high quality medical care
- Conduct integrated, comprehensive assessments to assess each patient's medical and biopsychosocial needs barriers to HIV treatment access and adherence, and HIV risk reduction
- Provide brief interventions to increase treatment adherence and to support patients in managing medication side effects
- Develop materials and provide health education to patients and members of their support network about nutrition, co-infections, preventative care, risk reduction, and other topics as needed
- Support MCC team members to ensure a positive, seamless care experience for patients
- Collaborate with MHF staff to facilitate patient referrals
- Coordinate with outside service providers to ensure patients have access to a comprehensive continuum of care
- Maintains complete and accurate files on all clients and documents services provided using all required documentation methods
- Prepares and submits reports as required in a timely manner
- Attends staff meetings, case conferences, in-services, and other meetings as directed
- Oversees transportation needs within the MCC program
- Provides referral and linkage to partner services, i.e. intimate partner violence, medical services, HIV testing
- Other duties as assigned
- A valid license as a registered nurse (RN) in the state of California is required
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of working in HIV clinic services and excellent knowledge of HIV disease, current treatment modalities, and HIV medical care guidelines
- Experience with general chronic diseases care/ management preferred
- Knowledge of effects of psychosocial needs, trauma history, and cognitive/behavioral/motivational functioning on health-related behavior and exhibit ability to intervene appropriately and effectively
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
- Strong commitment to the Mission and Vision of Men’s Health Foundation
- Demonstrated ability to provide services to people of diverse races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, nationalities, economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration status, housing status, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment
- Must be able to pass a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.
- Must take yearly flu shot and test for tuberculosis as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.