Revenue Cycle Manager
Men’s Health Foundation connects men at risk to comprehensive healthcare and wellness through education, collaboration and advocacy, inspiring and empowering all men to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We see a world where inequity and stigma do not separate men from healthcare. At Men’s Health Foundation we are reimagining men’s healthcare.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) the Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for operational development and management of Revenue Cycle functions which include but are not limited to: patient financial services, revenue integrity, charge capture, billing, claims management, collections, denial management and medical records. The Revenue Cycle Manager also coordinates daily medical office staff activities (front desk, medical records, eligibility and call center), coordinating closely with the clinical team to ensure efficient patient flow, high levels of accuracy, teamwork, and customer service are achieved.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Works directly with stakeholders on revenue cycle performance to meet short term and strategic goals and provides analytical analysis.
- Establishes and maintains an effective team environment, provides supervision to assigned patient access staff. Maintains staffing sufficient to ensure the efficient and quality delivery of services.
- Works with other clinical/financial staff to ensure consistency in patient communication and will be a champion and leader of the patient experience.
- Handles escalated patient concerns and complaints regarding billing and collection issues in accordance with MHF guidelines. Is mindful of Service Excellence and Patient Satisfaction initiatives.
- Compiles various reports including quality assurance, and various clinic statistics (e.g. Patient volume, cancelations, utilization).
- Enhance and standardize work flow throughout the Revenue Cycle, creates policies and procedures in accordance with implementation of all work processes. Ensures consistent training of all staff.
- Identify and correct operating issues that will maximize the effect on cash flow and mitigate financial or operational risks.
- Ensures that operating expenses are within established budgets and fiscal guidelines. Develop performance indicators and monitor operational results to ensure established targets are met or exceeded.
- Designs the appropriate organization structure for the Revenue Cycle team, responsible for all management activities in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Designs and develops training programs and manuals that are relevant and necessary for the continuous development of the technical competencies of the Revenue Cycle team.
- Handles complex patient complaints regarding billing and collection issues in accordance with MHF guidelines. Is mindful of Service Excellence and Patient Satisfaction initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.
- Leads and participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as requested.
- Uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent.
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with patients, employees, visitors and vendors.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities and educational programs.
- Other duties may be assigned, as required.
- Five (5) years leadership experience in revenue cycle environment or other Finance-related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, healthcare administration or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in medical billing concepts.
- Knowledgeable of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Strong managerial competencies in leadership, team development, coaching, mentoring with proven track record of building and developing high performing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain and build trust; protect and preserve confidential information along with high attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize effectively and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple, competing tasks in a fast-paced organization.
- Strong team player able to form functional work relationship with peers and superiors.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; design software; internet software; and electronic database employee records systems.
- Basic operation of a workstation (turning on/off, knowledge of basic functions and components).
- Use/storage/maintenance of multiple usernames and passwords.
- Use of Windows Explorer (electronic file-handling).
- Computer-related problem-solving skills through the use of available trainings and help desk.
- Clinic experience preferred.
- Call center leadership experience preferred.
- Allscripts EHR experience preferred.
- Combination of the following preferred:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Assistant (CCA) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB).
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Must be able to pass a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.